Sunday, July 20, 2008

My First Day

Inserted 22nd July 2008, 1.38AM.

Not a fan of chinese pop, but here's my current favourite.


Kel, is our ALL TIME FAVOURITE-how i miss our poly days..





I feel like a blessed puppy!
Many have sent me their blessings via sms and MSN.

Here's an example..
trayc says: (12:27:36 AM)
GIVING  YOU ALL MY BLESSINGS FOR YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK TMR.

Even dad, knowing my love for Thai style tapioca sent me this. "Starting work today. I just bought tapioca (from the market). Brush your teeth and prepare to sink into them". I was doing my 2nd patient when i received this. Kinda.. cute.

While mum was being overly biased and unsupportive. She didnt even know i'll be starting work today (talk bout living under the same roof), refused to help temporarily stitch a pair of black pants i bought for work (ended up wearing jeans :P), not waking me up for work (but woke bro up cause i remembered he needed to do something), sulking and frowning early in the morning!

Anyways. I wore Chance and prepared myself for a splendid day ahead.

It was a straightforward day with no major hiccups.. Oh my friend had this patient who was in a hurry. She was behind schedule by bout 15mins. So she worked a lil faster, ended a lil earlier than patient expected and he/she questioned her, 'so fast ar? I haven seen a dentist in 5 years you know' These strange people. (Oh so you know it's been so long since your last visit.) Do they just want another weekend kill-my-time-while-i-wait-for-my-sonny slot?

Few issues that i wanna blog about for self improvement.
1) Prior issue: My greatest fear was taking intra oral shots. Today: Some were way off but it was encouraging to know that some were not (too) bad. Evaluation: I guess it comes with practice and realising what went wrong. Area of improvement: I need to get used to the dSLR settings and angulate the mirror and camera at a 'parallel' axis for a good shot. Any tips, anyone?

2) Prior issue: I thought i'd be able to complete S&P in 30mins. Today: I took almost a full 45min slot per patient! Evaluation: Key emphasis be on patient's comfort and quality work. Need a lil fine tuning on comfort vs work time. Not a big issue thou.
I want to be patient orientated. I want to eventually have someone tell me, 'hey, the overall experience wasnt as scary as i thought it to be.' or a 'its squeaky clean now-amazing!' And the best thing? They pay AND thank you.

3) Prior to work: Failed to think about how to write clinical notes. HAHA! Shameful ++! Too pampered by !DEAS-just click away and tahhh dahhh! Today: Put what i learnt from attachments at NDC during trainee days into good use. Lol. Area of improvement: Write in fuller details, provides a good basis of communication between pat!ent dent!st and hyg!en!st.

4) Unable to evaluate source/cause of pain. Evaluation: Do tests and use elimination methodology.

5) Took my 1st BW. Ruth, remember, black surface faces cone. I need to take more peri apicals!


6) Take bigger side steps in media lunas.

Updated schedule for Monday:

10am-11pm: Swimming at C_C
11pm-1pm: Bathe, lunch and travel to Novena
1pm-4pm: Study
4pm-5pm: Head home bathe and change for work
5pm-5.30: Travel to work.
6pm-9pm: Work
10pm: Meet Rico pass diving photos and video.
This is why i need a huge bag. :P
I've been looking at... Isnt it damn chio. Teeheehee.
Hope Rico's able to help get it from HK! Its way overpriced here in Sg. Too bad if its out of stock. I want it quite badly, but logic keeps me alive.

Coming to think of it, the last bag i bought was my Freitag Donna in Dec 2006. Followed by a Legacy wristlet in May 2007. And a lacy bag 'whose' handle just gave way :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH!!! you're more than a dental hygienist! haha. yr job scope damn wide. but be thankful you might not need to see a kid. hehe

anyway, yr schedule's damn packed. update me with yr working schedule AT THE VERY LEAST and i'll slot myself in, for a rendezvous etc

kel

Anonymous said...

anyway,

wo bu nan guo, zhe bu suan she me, zhi shi wei shen me yen lei hui lui wo ye bu dong...

this is for YOU!

i miss us singing (out of tune) this damn song!

kel

Anonymous said...

is that an agnes b?

carrie

Jovelle Ruth said...

Yes Carrie, its an Ahniabae. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Wait till mid Aug see if i get it or not. Lol. Fingers crossed!

Kel, work has been exciting. I'll see if i can rope you in once my slots are filled. :) Lol!

Actually, work's supposedly 10am-9pm today, but went from 6-9pm only. I dont know how im gonna survive. $_$

I hope my work schedule be packed in Aug. I need money. School fees and mum's been nagging.

Signing off, with a kit kat (slogan) on hand.
Have a break. Have a kit kat!

Anonymous said...

oh. huiyun has that. just saw her using it during my bday.

well, ur highly paid salary can pay for it.

carrie

Jovelle Ruth said...

Carrie my love, i jiak ga ki for more than a month le leh.. Dont forgot i missed out the whole July bonus. ;)

I miss Fugs hanging out TOGETHER. all 6 of us. Sighs.

But i dont think im gonna do anything bout it? Like.. organising a gathering. :P its tiring business!!