Monday, July 07, 2008

All Of You've Been Waiting 1..

Hello Earthlings.. I've been sitting on the Mission Trip post and yes, i've decided to move on and update you folks on what i've been up to the past weeks. Give me a lil more time to consolidate my thoughts and pen 'em down alright? For now, make do with whats written below. ;)

The balls of my feet are hurting from Tango practica and tons of disappointment tops everything off scale. Anyhow.

I tendered my resignation from the Board late May, served the supposedly sparse holiday crowd, bidded my farewells and cleared leave when school reopened. I appreciate the support provided during my tenure and I sincerely thank my superiors for the professional opportunities and personal development that they have provided me during the past year.

Outta Work Proper
I thoroughly enjoyed my year long stay with the Board. The 1st activity i tried was Dragon Boating, and man, it was tough. Strenuous(
took me awhile to spell this word) physical trainings aside, having to wake up at 7am on a Saturday was too much to ask for. Nonetheless, I love the morning sun and zest at Kallang Basin. I remember how much i wanted to give ourselves n more tries, but failed when objections were raised by her significant other.

Then there was a nation-wide healthy lifestyle campaign that took place on a Saturday in September 2007. I got to know and worked under DMC-awesome lady, easy to talk to, very practical and welfare orientated. I can laugh myself silly at her facial expressions! I was in my primitive days as a full-fledged working adult when i took part in this event, and was looking forward to claiming time off on one of those blueeee mondays. Yet, every experience brings about a learning point, and she made me realise and register the importance of possible situations(problems for that matter) that might arise. She was everywhere (literally), running around, making sure things were in place, yet having her fair share of fun and sense of accomplishment (i think). I met her again when i was at the Board(on one of my off days) for an exit interview and there's this torrent of joy flooding during those mere minutes.

Next came D&D in March 2008, the theme was Retrolicious. Though its of insignificant importance now, I must say i got into real unexpected shit. The organising comittee did an awesome job-i had a great portion of.. yummy and healthy Thai food, cat-calling, catching up with my coursemates, phototaking, 'dance' (' ' cause i was hands tied legs tied) and more than i could ask for.

Then came April 23rd's JP Morgan's Corporate Chase. It was my 1st fun run and definately memorable. Runs are tiring business but ironically, very fun and addictive, especially with a bunch of fun loving folks whom i've never came across before.
I thank my Trainer for the time and effort that was put into every training session. To top it off, there was great company and dinner too! And there's the Organiser to thank, for registering and coordinating all of us, for putting up with delayed email replies and the what nots. There's this very small chance we'll blow bubbles underwater together some day! Anyways, that day, i met SHL, who has since sunk a statement in me "i gave up alot of other things to.......". I further understood why there're people who give up (material) wants to satisfy a need. It was a casual post-run dinner and drink, but it was a great pleasure being around her. I'll never forget the place she bought me teh peng, the lil argument over rats and ?rodents, and that issue of Men's Health that busted the myth of avoiding caffeine before exercises. I met her again when i went back to HR(for the last time i hope) and she was all clad in stylo milo blazer i could barely recognize her!

These meetings are so divine-the way we met, and how i coincidentally bump into them when im at the board.

No comments: