Wednesday, July 09, 2008

All Of You've Been Waiting 3..

School started on 7th July from 7-10pm from Mon - Thurs (thank god it's only 2 weeks intensive) and a Tues night and Sat afternoon for the rest of the semester. Frankly, im still filled with tons of uncertainties bout what the future holds, whether i'll work in the finance industry or stay in healthcare. Im clueless at whether i'll be able to complete the 3 year part time course leading to an Honours in Economics and Finance. I will, however do my utmost best at managing school, work and social life. In the event i fail terribly, at least i took a step admist the darkness, at least i tried.
In any case, the yo-yo stock market is something that has piqued my interest when i was a lil girl. Dad used to be a broker and i marvelled at stories of people making it big, cringed at near-death experiences of others who got burnt. Anyways.
I sat beside a loner (just like i am) for 2 days straight and Adr!an is his name. I've decided to take off my hoity-toity persona at lecture on the 3rd day of school, and unzip my (extremely) sociable self.

Most of my close friends asked bout my 1st day of school. It means more than an SMS. It carries thought, sincerity, and an effort to maintain a friendship. Thank you and i love you all. Oh yes! It's very nice and sweet of jackass to get me a present for new school-new job and birthday.

I dont deserve this..



CHANEL CHANCE EAU DE PARFUM 100ML!
POWERPACKED YAYYYNESS!
Opening ceremony be on 20th July 08, Sunday-1st day of work.

Adapted wholesale description of Chance from Chanel's website..
One world was ending and a new one was about to be born. I happened to be there; a chance came my way and I took it». .. CHANCE woman knows how to follow her instincts, to have confidence in her strengths and to accept her weaknesses. She does not try to be seductive, but everything she does makes her extremely sexy.
Read more bout the unexpected floral fragrance here

I've been 'wasting' my days away since my last day at HPB, 25th of June-Turning in at unearthly hours, waking up for breakfast with the lunch crowd, tying up strings at the Board, shopping, catching movies, sipping coffee with a journal and a pal, just to name a few. Going on a dive trip this weekend too. (I know i've been spending alot, and its time to curb.) All these in anticipation that i'll have 'no-life' once work starts. Then again, many of my friends beg to differ. They say, "you just need to settle down and soon you'll be out till late night again". Thing is, situation is different now-im serving the private sector and i have appointments scheduled. Gone were the days i have breakfast at work, control my patient flow, joke with my clients, etc. (I think i miss working for the Board) Anyways, I could had managed work and school(intensive week) altogether, but for once, i choose to be a lil laid back.

I've yet to start work but thus far, but it's been nothing short of awesome. I've the freedom of speech and loads of learning opportunities. I shall not fill you in bout my take home and benefits-its nothing i can be proud of. Afterall, i made this decision and i cant blame anyone but myself should anything screw up. I do, however, foresee a change in situation 6 months later, freedom cries 12 months later and an overall return in experience and vitamin M in the near future. To put it plainly, fruit of labour comes after incubation period of 12 months! Give me some time, i can and i will make it.

With this, cheers to my great success.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

shit. are u taking a dig at me? i didnt ask anything about yr 1st day at school. hahahahaha! i wanted to! but i know u're the most independent girl, you dun need me to help you borrow a pen right?

anyway ya, see? not bonded can have high tea! SHIT! anyway, super momma and cheebyexXx have been dissing me off, i'm short of slapping a resignation letter in their CB faces!

kel

Anonymous said...

im free for tea today!

carrie

Anonymous said...

oh sorry, i mean, yr EX-super momma.

huiping u want to have tea right? no problem, i meet u. venue: hp cafeteria.

OKAY?

kel

Anonymous said...

All the Best to your NEW LIFE babe!!

hehe. :)

Jovelle Ruth said...

Kel: you are forgiven.
Carmoh and i were saying, the problems faced at the 'board' are so insignificant..its mostly administrative.. Proven indeed, after u called to tell us of your exciting work happenings. i miss u like a fat kid miss cake. Pls dont call me in the MORNING. I wanna SLEEP. Thanks.

Carrie, your turn will come soon. In 2 years! It'll be fast. by then everything private is more or less stable, it'll be good for u!

thanks weiwei. U have been my msn buddy at HPB!

Anonymous said...

the problems faced at the 'board' are so insignificant..its mostly administrative..

jovelleruth u must be joking man, i'm reading this and go HAHAHAH! wah lau, if the probs r so insignificant, DTs wouldnt leave for 'greener pastures' man!

haha for mine, its to be a tai tai! =D

kel

Jovelle Ruth said...

kel.. learn to let go and and heck care bout nitty gritty issues.. you'll be happier, days will pass faster.

Anonymous said...

two years? Nah I doubt I have e patience. I've been slacking for e month of July. Leave for 4-5 days solely this month!


Carrie wifi in polyclinic