Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Salsa

Crash course came and went in a brief 3 weeks! Here's what i've learnt.

Lesson 1-8th April 2008, 7.30pm - 9pm
1) Forward basic footwork
2) Cross body lead


3) Right turn


Lesson 2-15th April 2008, 7.30pm - 9pm
1) Sideway basic footwork
2) Backward basic footwork
3) Left turn

After men's left turn, hands are held in opposites. Taught the combing style. I cant describe it here nor manage to find any relevant videos. I cant try my best to put it into words cause i cant picture how it goes! Lettme try it out and i'll be back with descriptions. If you're lucky, you'll get a video! ;)

Lesson 3-22nd April 2008, 7.30pm - 9.30pm
1) Cuban open basic footwork
2) Straight cross body lead


Lesson 3 was most fun yet depressing as we danced to full songs.

I felt so incredibly inadequate.
I cant figure the beat.
So i followed his lead.

For a moment
I forgot bout life.
For a moment
I feel alive
All the wrong movements
Laughter and jive
Life's an irony
I cant disguise!

I strongly urge you to get down and do something you've always wanted to. Monetary issues aside, if not now, then when?
"We ask ourselves, 'Who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?"
Stop putting it off. Make a list of what you want to do/achieve, or even purchase. Dare to dream. Formulate a workable action plan. Get down to it. Now.

1 comment:

wei wei said...

it's so nice that you can enjoy ur life while being in sucha toot job. =)