Sunday, October 26, 2008

-

Some random snippets.
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
I'm uber glad im able to sell of my DSLite i bought bout a year back; going into the funds for my next tattoo. Passing it on to an ex poly mate, now collegues in the same field. I lost bout $50%, but it beats getting nothing at all. Its barely touched (after the initial 2 week hype) cept for weekly-fortnightly maintenance.

Just returned home from work at 5+pm; granny was at my place. She stayed over yesterday last night, questioned my whereabouts (hello, mum doesnt even question me!) and went on and on bout some issues of life; which i wasnt very keen on listening but heard nonetheless. My beautifully arched eye brows caught her attention. Tried it on her and i thought she had no need for an eye brow pencil; a brush and powder+highlighter would do her just fine. However, as with all old folks, who have gotten used to the idea of using (only) an eye brow pencil, was adamant bout its need. See, she's much fairer than i am, hair redder mine, and using a pencil (that i use) just wont do! Well, suits her if she wants to look like a wayang doll.
All i wanted after a long day at work was shower nap and study.
Good lord, save moi!

Its Sunday and i'm getting quite stressed up over Comm Law. There's too much to read and i cant recall much of what i read(ed). I hate to say this but 'i just want to scrape'. Sighs.
The effort i put in during the mid-semester test is/has going/gone down the long kang.
And the wayang show downstairs is making a din. No idea what procession's going on.
Mum said, 'go over and study la'. I wish, but not tonight. I miss Ellice.
Its Deepavali a public holiday and i've got to bury myself in insanely boring English law. Shit.

But it's alright. 1.5 more days and i'm gonna have 2 months of pure work and play days. Hooray!

I want to exercise, meet friends for long lazy coffee sessions, throw pack clean, and be a sloth.

*Inserted post dinner, 9pm.
Does it matter whether i'm still part of the stat board or not? I doubt.
Doubt i'd be in purple anytime soon even if i had stayed on. My clinical scrubs are somewhat like what the Purples are wearing; Wine being a pleasing colour aside, i guess there's this sub-concious part of me screaming, 'freedom reign!' Not that i'm complaining bout what i used to do. It's totally fine since other non clinical duties like ordering stock, being a receptionist, cleaning, etc. are part of the job scope. It's just me. I want to do what a clinician is trained to do. I want to take my time and manja little children. I want to have space to educate the public about their individual needs. I dont want to drill and fill like there's no tomorrow, worst, to plug in mercury fillings knowing that they do no good, and get happy when excess mercury surfaces on the top. Actually, amalgam fillings is a nice material to work with. The working time is so long, saliva doesnt affect adherence, and once locked into the cavity, flushes beautifully against the walls and that makes me happy-i cant deny. Anyway. I'd probably shut myself away from him right after the D!ve Fest, if i was still in the stat board.

I have no concerns bout our age differences which some people call a gap. I finally know what chemistry, as in interaction of characters, is. That man is my boyfriend, my next best friend, my listening ear, my encouragement, my patient, my cook and the maid. And the people i'd have an affair with is the various facets of his split awesome personality.
Or race issues? Whoever says that things would work out chinese-chinese? Or at least, my parents didn't. I want a happy marriage, even if it means having to sacrifice sleep time to talk things make out (just to add spice to my very boring speech), living a frugal life, doing grocery shopping alone, etc. Anything but planning for kids and/or giving up my job.
Even mum had qualms bout me being with him. She was looking at things from his perspective, not mine. (How unfair.) But not anymore. Over her birthday dinner, she see that we clique really well, and he gets along well with Ellice.
So all of you can say anything you want to say bout us. You can judge or laugh at me-i don't care, really. Don't be cynical, for your own good-what goes around comes around, some call that karma.
What matters is that we're happy, at least for now. And i hope this journey knows no end.

p.s. gave the blog a facelit; it's been black and white for 2 years, since the break up with Cws. i think i really am happiee jolliee candiee. *ya ya ya im a ninnie. Ninny i mean.

*Inserted 27th October, 5.50am.
Morning Earthlings.

I miss my poly mates. I miss the post exam discussion everyone shared.
Im not enjoying uni life, the social part at least. Go into exam hall alone, come out alone. Oh at least there's a discussion with a classmate(not sure if 'friend' here is appropriate) over the net.
It's hard to imagine me saying this, but it's not fun attending lectures without doing anything naughty once in awhile. Naughty doesnt mean skipping lectures anymore (dates back to July 2004, uh huh fug sai). I cant imagine doing anything outrageous or naughty now-im a loner and a saint. Any ideas? Like dressing up for school? Joker, french maid, vampire, high school girl.. Oh i know. I can dress up as a

bus driver..


Or do The Medusa..


Or be Oprah opera singer for a day..


Or easy peasy, be a hedge pee bee nurse!


Right in my wardrobe, my dream Halloween costume and the fantasy of ALL men.
Praise to god.

You really think i dare to wear that meh? Maybe if i alter it right up till my butt cheeks, don fishnet stockings and patent leather high boots la. And not forget to wear a MASK.

Ahhahahahaha. 7am and i'm still online. Gonna pang sai and start muggin'!

Happy Diwali, my love.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still cannot believe who's yr new boyfriend hahaha! u shud have stayed on in hpb lor.

golden couple.

Jovelle Ruth said...

who's golden couple?

trashbin said...

she's happy what!

and i think you got a better job now.

wei wei, law on tues you still can blog so much! meet up after my exams together with Serene and Pearlyn.

hugs. even if i say i'm ninja turtle you will know who i am.

trashbin said...

oh fk, i left my name. anyways. your cam with me, thought i'll meet you before serene do, so just gimme a ring when you need it. saw your narcissism lol. Elice's worse. haaha.ohwells, i am too. yeah!

Jovelle Ruth said...

Actually, we (ellice and i) did it together.. I helped her take photos first.

:P

singing Ak0n, 'you can put the blame on me'.

Anonymous said...

i know. golden couple is kelly chen wei!

onesummer said...

This background color is sooo much better! Exude a happier note =) Glad for you girl, really. I can feel your happiness radiating from your pics and entries =D

Yuan Qi!

Jovelle Ruth said...

thanks sweetie.
next time i go korea must host me.
i wanna do the locket thingy too!