I dread waking up to a work day.
I'm sick of what Kel term 'mini assistants', little fucktards who saunter around the clinic (like its their palace) wanting to (help) retrieve my instruments, open the autoclave, play with the other dental unit, press on my amalgamator, etc. They are usually ignored, after which their nonsense stop cause they feel they cant irritate me(actually they did but im trying reverse psych). Sometimes, they get a taste of a fiery me and remain still and silent (for awhile). Like all students who want to skip lessons, they pay me a visit asking for a quick check and insist i do a scaling. To them, there're no other students who need a dental visit and that they should be seen more than once a year.
I have zero tolerance for them who walk in and stand at the door, even after repeated calls for them to come over to the chairside. Cant these retards tell me what they want/need? On good days, they'll point (briefly) to their tooth and look at me with their huge puppy eyes like i know what the hell's going on, like i have x ray examination eyes, like i know if they want an extraction or need a filling. I've never once lost my cool with these patients because i understand their possible fear and anxiety. So how? Put down all im doing, put patient up for a rinse, deglove and walk over to them/plead with them to come over. I swallow all shit, really.
Sometimes, all it takes to make my day is someone saying "thank you". It lies in the upbringing of this generation and the culture at home. I dont want to have kids because these folks are (very) ugly on the inside. The gratitude from the grateful and polite minority cant outweigh effects caused by the irksome.
I dont give a shit bout audits. I think i've by far done everything to the best i know how-so im not gonna bother if the clinic's inventory is ideal. Audits are part and parcel in an organisation but i'd appreciate if earlier notice can be given. I've booked and sent out my appointments, now i've to reschedule them, explain and apologise. What the fuck, seriously. Aiyah, i just have to do as instructed lorrr. No point arguing cause nothing's gonna change-at all. Or maybe the superiors have their fair share of last minute notices. Whatever.
Even the school servants are haunting me. Somewhere this week, i set out extrememly early, got to clinic too early and decided to head out and purchase milk to go with my usual morning caffeine fix. Uncle then asked me to buy his breakfast, of which i politely declined cause I dont want to walk over to the coffeeshop thats 3mins from the convenience store and end up smelling like fried bee hoon. The came his "wah very far meh" in hokkien. Sorry, still not gonna!
Another kept complaining bout her collegue whom i havent even came across before. I try to maintain a distance because i hate saliva fountains. She's nice, overall, asking if i've had lunch when i go to the toilet at 12.30pm everyday. See, i cant even leave the clinic in peace for a decent pee until lunch hour.
Cause some
These f____ walk in and indirectly demand for their kid to be seen immediately, not considering if there are other children who are waiting (in class) for treatment. I try my best to attend to their 'urgent' needs. But i highly appreciate if they could wait patiently at the canteen instead of peeking through the window. It gets rather scary, think a ghostly encounter. Out of desperation (and rebel), i draw shut the blinds. In any case, why cant their precious prince and princesses come down themselves during their scheduled school hours. Why need they come after their school hours and deprive the other session of treatment time? I dont comprehend. I wish there's an SOP drawn up for patients and their parents.
The guards too, asked for my schedule-a calender table that has details of my whereabouts and public holidays. It did save me much explanation the past 4 months but i've been busy treating walk-ins and other non clinical duties. I suppose it helps them in turning away walk ins who are accompanied by their parents on days im not available.
The last straw that broke the camel's back? An internal staff called (dont ask how it happened, i dont really know) and say there's a cavity (which i missed). Im gonna call the student down 1st thing in the morning tomorrow. I cannot accept the fact that i missed out a carious lesion. This is not acceptable, by personal standards. I dont care much bout the chapalangs but i take pride in what i've been trained to do. I dont want my successor to say "she doesnt know how to identify shawdows". Not that im god damn good at clinical work, patient management, etc.- im still learning and have alot to learn and experience.
The only good thing? I found a friend-Pe!P!ng. We have lunch together everyday and she'll go on and on bout how busy it gets in the office, how happening my life is, how shiok it is to have the clinic all to myself without a towkay-Hell no.
Thank god friday is here. Oh yes, though merely an amateur, i've placed an online order(crossing my fingers for perfect fit! Stores in Sg overprice it sky high!) for dance heels. The black and gold one you saw's for salsa, while Melina 6 is for tango. Like why rugby has rugby boots, soccer has boots with studs, different dance different heels different use!
2 concerns with patent material: inability to glide against each other-solution: apply vaseline. fine lines caused by flexing of the toes-solution:buy another pair. Haha.Im so in love with both animal(leopard/cheetah) and black lace on gold cream satin base! SCREAMING EXOTIC AND SEXAYYYY!
But love and logic keeps me alive-1st pair better be something simple and easy to match. :)
May good lord bless mrs Lee K.Y., and bless the cabinet with wisdom to lead and propel my island.
No comments:
Post a Comment