Saturday, December 13, 2008

Better

Just a quick note before heading out for kd's birthday get together.
I'm so glad (and relieved) my best friend is back from Bali. With all the hulabalas happening around the world, i've been checking out the web for happenings around the world, and i must say, no news is good news!
It's the end of my lazy weekend. Another work week tomorrow. :(

I'm so scared. That in the end, i'll have to choose between working or studying.
Next semester might (will) work out, but how bout 2nd semester of 2009? 4 doctors, (maybe 2) cant keep changing their work schedules to fit mine, right?
I'm really scared.

Something's gotta give.

Giving up on school means a lot of money wasted.. and dreams dashed.
Not working means a loss of income and a lot of stupidity, skill lack and what more i dont know.

How. Dont tell me to cross the bridge when it comes. I want a map; better still GPS. Someone tell me what to do.

Maybe i'll have to eventually skip all lessons. Buy books, go for last few lessons (and hope to get some exam tips) and rely on past year papers. Sounds like tough. I've always liked sitting in front rows at lectures. And i dont fall asleep lorrr.

At work, it's quite quiet these days; failed appointments, vacant slots. Shouldnt be. Nov was rather busy, yet fun, days passed fast, i liked it, i enjoyed working.
Could it be due to the economical climate? Or environmental climate; rainy morning.
I dont like doing nothing at work. It's not just a waste of time, but lots of monies too.
There's nothing called smooth sailing. Everywhere has its ups and downs. Now i see why the oldies term the government sector as possessing job stability.
No im not regretting. I'm (still quite) young and have a long way ahead.
God just bless me.

I miss dancing. Asked 2 good friends if they're keen to go down today. (reply came, not keen) Good time too; teacher's birthday. But i'm scared to get into those stilettos too. I dont think i know how to do the tango anymore. Sighs.

Everyone has their own lives to lead. New lives with work, school, people, maybe. As for me, i'm startled by how much i've changed. My friends too. Everyone's growing up together. Maybe some went wayward, i did, and came back on track. If we sit down for a drink again 5 years later, what would we be talking about? I hope no one gets left out of the conversation. Cause we went to school together, worked together, celebrated birthdays and happy occasions together, grew up together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like u're doing abit of 'soul-searching' recently.

what to do. life's like this. ever since we made the decision 4years back. u know, i know...

BIG SIGH.

kel

Anonymous said...

I'm the one that got left out


rga

Anonymous said...

yes carrie. saw that. diff work envt i guess.

but i know how tired u can get studying n working. :)