It was Dad's treat to zi char!! Was at Bedok South for dinner; Curry fish head and veg, ceral prawns and stir fried deer's meat with ginger and onions. After dinner, lil sis and i played childhood game "chi-ko-pa" in silent mode 'cause we didnt know which action corresponds to chi, ko, pa. Turned heads of the football fanatics when we burst out in uncontainable shrieks. Its easy to condition lil sis. And when i succeeded, i won her 7times straight before she realised! The trick? Amplify actions and give loud "Ahs!". At the same time, study her patterns and the cheeky look combined with 'what-if-i-loose-AGAIN'.
*Sighs. Round 2.
Aint a jaunty night out.
(A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day. We'll have good times more, i guess.)
Handful of anorexic-looking females lurk in Blk 85 Bedok's Food Market. No wonder they can afford the calories from oil painted char grilled satay, ghee filled roti prata(s), barbequed finger-licking-good chicken wings, etc. Dressed in uber short "peach" showing denim skirts, tank top and flip flops, feasting away on what seem to me like a zillion calories. Side track: Envious but I dont quite worry bout what i see in the mirror. Even if its concave. They always say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder right..And even if the entire world is grossed out by me and pimply cellulite, Mum thinks im her gorgeous. Hence, I wouldnt resist food even if its 10mins before bed. I rather be few grams heavier and enjoy life than be worried all the time. Back on track: D was chatty for awhile, recounting an interesting day, yet i was out of sorts, too tired to reciprocate. And soon we both got rather silent. D waited far too long for his soupy pork noodles (more than 40mins!) and decided to walk away after we downed the sugar cane juice. The hawker probably forgot his order. Monsters without rest, isnt it so true?
I suppose sometimes, we should take time once in a while to just.. enjoy the moment. Silently sipping a cuppa caffeinated goody and read the papers at Starbucks, watch DVDs at home and occassional punches of banter. The perfect "date".
My plan was for D to have dinner/supper, and head to Siglap for Iced Cafe Mocha. Foiled by fatigue. :(
Conclusions drawn:
Be careful what you put into your body, health is too important to ignore.
Taking a power nap from time to time can put you back in the pink!
Simplicity-a marvel if you truly live it in this age.
Upon reflecting how this week has been, i'd say: Bumpy. Joyce and i soared to limits in clinics. Guess we tongue-lashed each other every other day. (Or was i the only one yelling away?) Hmmm.. Isnt my 2007 resol. to live and let live?
Remember the buddy system.. because two have more fun than one!
Kel: This's for you.
I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts or fears.
But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.
(Guess I have more than you. But just swallow this effort, lah. Just for YOU.)
I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
nor the future with it's untold stories.
But I can be here with you now.
I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting, but I can cry
with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in
place. (Think: Chopped onions)
I can't quite recall what we bitch about,
But I can recall the smiles and puffs I had with you, and Fugs.
Its written in the stars.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment