Monday, February 09, 2009

16 Things About Me Now

1) I've been shedding alot of hair since i straightened them. I hope my hair stops growing so it'll always be straight. Nevermind the length, my ex clinical partner has proven that hair extensions do magic, and they dont come off easily.
2) I prefer reading macro to microeconomics cause the prescribed text follows lecture notes more closely.
3) It's tough to start the study engine going cause there're just too many distractions at home. These distractions have a common characteristic; they are boxes with lots of colours eg: handphone, computer, television. Not to mention my brother who came in to have a chat with me.
4) I don't know if/when i'm getting married. Cause i'm not financially stable, much less attained financial freedom. So please stop asking me.
5) My sister is in sec 4, taking her O levels this year. How time flies.
6) I've been itching for a dental mission trip, or help some old/young folks who are much less fortunate than i am.
7) I don't know why but i like to be involved in many things at one time. No wonder i'm always complaining of a lack of personal 'me' time.
8) I want to be involved in setting up the SgDentalHygieneAssociation/SgOralHealthTherapistAssociation but am afraid to step out and get down to it. Actually, i'm lost as to who to approach in the dental fraternity. After the .gov bizzare in school days, i don't think writing straight to the registry of societies is the right thing to do.
9) I wish everyone could stop plugging in amalgams cause they are so yester-century.
10) I need a compliment every now and then, ideally one a week; they keep me going and let me know that i'm on the right track and can do even better.
11) I'm not going to Bali(with M) anymore cause i've heard of too many bfgf-go-bali-and-eventually-breakup stories.
12) I need more cash. School fees are so high. I haven't gotten a nice blouse since so-long-ago.
13) I've not had a home cooked meal since reunion dinner night.
14) I will miss carmoh calling me in the middle of work. She's leaving for Melb and i'm happy for her. She has done fuglies proud.
15) I'm glad CNY is over; I'll eat beef without feeling guilty, i can study in peace without clangs of cymbals and nian-scaring drum beats. It's not as if we have fifteen days of public holidays right. I've had my fair share of yu.sheng anyway.
16) I'm quite ashamed of my spoken mandarin; the french (ang moh!) family understand me better in chinese. I'm chinese but i grew up eating kan dang.
17) Face it. We are (I am) self centred. 93% of this post is about I Me Myself.

5 comments:

linGy said...

11) I'm not going to Bali(with M) anymore cause i've heard of too many bfgf-go-bali-and-eventually-breakup stories.

REALLY?! Thats spooky! Luckily I've only been to Bintan. Or is Bintan cursed as well?

Anonymous said...

4) I don't know if/when i'm getting married. Cause i'm not financially stable, much less attained financial freedom. So please stop asking me.

hahaha is this for me?

push on, ruth. i know we Can do it. without carmen. haha.

on a very sombre note, i just looked at my work calendar, infection ctrl audit is coming and i'm still typing with my gloves on.

kel

Anonymous said...

I don't know if/when i'm getting married. Cause i'm not financially stable, much less attained financial freedom. So please stop asking me.

i guess this is for me as well. opps. HAHA

who say go Bali will break up. look at me and kelvin.

Anonymous said...

there is a legend....about going to bali with your loved one (if you are not married yet)...that uwill break up...but it's just a story I guess....

Jovelle Ruth said...

yeah from many friends!!! Im not taking the chance of going with any boyfriends till im married!!!

hope all's good on your side!