Today is special because..
It's an extra day added to the month of February (to keep the calendar year synchronised with the astronomical/seasonal year).
Seasons and astronomical events do not repeat at an exact number of full days, so a calendar which had the same number of days in each year would over time drift with respect to the event it was supposed to track. By occasionally inserting (intercalating) an additional day into the year, the drift can be corrected.
It is a tradition that women may propose marriage on leap years.
A leap day is more likely to occur on Mondays or Wednesdays rather than other days because the Gregorian calendar repeats itself every 400 years. Therefore February 29 can occur 15 times on a Monday or Wednesday, 14 times on a Friday or Saturday and 13 times on a Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday.
According to English law, February 29th was ignored and had no legal status. So a crime on the day is no crime at all.
The last time February had 5 Fridays was in 1980 and next time will be in 2036.
I'll be collecting my long awaited altered jeans this evening!
Im going on a date with DD tonight!
Signing off with overflowing vim and vigor.
"Time goes by.. so slowly.. Waiting for your call baby night and day.. I'm fed up.. I'm tired of waiting on you.."
Tonight is extra special because..
I didnt go on a date with DD!
1) DD had to cover duties for a friend-fc*k. Thanks to /\/\$K on the lose. I guess /\/$ is xxxxxx even for /\/\0's.
2) Its been very long since i felt d-i-s-a-p-o-i-n-t-m-e-n-t.
I had a strong gut feeling that tonight's date isnt part of history but nonetheless maintained high hopes. But who's to say what to do when the nation calls for exigency accelerated.
3) I sat down, rationalized logically why i was feeling sour-because we agreed to spend this special day a week ago.
4) I might be living in self denial but who cares-I repeatedly remind my negative thoughts that he's hit the sack after a long day at work. In any case, its a new day and all i should look forward to is scuba class and a dinner appointment on Sat night! I hope tomorrow's dinner will be one full of banter, laughter and sapient talk!
Seconds after i hit on the exclamation mark,
5) DD asked to meet up.
"I supply hugs and kisses, make your order."
Had i not known him for long, i'd have concluded that it was his di*k talking.
Signing off on a im-trying-damn-hard-to-be-cheerful and im-playing-hard-to-get note.
Then again, whats the hoo-haa bout a leap day? Nor a cancelled dinner date?
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
DD!
DOKTOR DANNN DANNN!
=)
I missed blogging on leap day!!!
Post a Comment