Sunday, August 19, 2007

Signing Off

From Him To Her
We've been together for quite awhile already and we've been through a couple of rough patches. I dont want to hurt you anymore and neither do I want to continue lying to you or myself. You've been a great girlfriend and yes i do admit we did have lots of great memories. It's just that i find that things didnt work out for the both of us, at least not what i thought it would be. I've been a selfish guy all along, but i hope you'll understand. Maybe it would be better if the both of us parted ways, i do not want to hurt you any longer. You dont see it. But you've changed alot since we began. I think its unhealthy the way we are.

From Her To Him
I disagree but i've no choice. These 3 mths is like a rollercoaster trail. I've enjoyed the ride and am proud to say i did my best. You've been a really good companion. As much as i hate to see you go, i know you can take it no longer. It'll take me awhile to get over us. Because i do love you. I'll let you go, but i cherish the meeting of two persons. I do hope we'll remain as special friends. You can call me if you need someone to talk to, someone to discuss matters with. One last hug, Ham.

From Her To His Folks
Aunty Michelle, you taught me how i was able to sow into the lives of these little children, not merely rendering them dentally fit, but telling them the importance of personal hygiene and carrying themselves well. When i started work, I pointed out dirty shoes and unpressed uniform, unkempt hairdo. And guess what i hate most? Students who drag their feet! And oh, did i forget to mention how gorgeous u looked when u had your tresses in bouncy curls?
Major Chan, thanks for your smiles, they were so welcoming.
Sab, the last i remember of you: Singing! And actually, Oolong tea isnt as bad as it looks. Still, green tea gets my vote.
Tina displayed the essence of being a princess. You go girl! All the best in your O levels!
On the overall, thank you for showing me a complete family and how submissive, yet independant, a wife should be. It also showed me how it is possible to remain loving even after >2 decades of marriage.
And to Sam, the dog trapped in a cat's body, you've been such a dear. You saw other felines go, the last was Froddo, must have been heart breaking, isnt it. That rascal was special in his own lil way.

Her Stand When She Felt Toothy
This breakup is like tooth extraction. It leaves a socket of emptyness, but best if exo in toto, lest infection occurs. Haemostasis not achieved yet, but will bite on a gauze and move on. Who knows what happens in the future. Post op instructions clear cut, no running away, dont chew on it. Body healing will occur, and hopefully, another successor erupts. Or place an implant if conditions prove favourable. Unlike other breakups-which likens to attrition, slowly wears you down and leave you with nothing.

Her (Ir)rational Thoughts
Who's to say where the winds will take us to, from the status change of a date to a girlfriend. Now, who's to say what it is will break us. Even though the moment passed me by, i still can't turn away from those dreams i never thought i'd lose. I vividly remember all we've discussed and compromised about, from marriage rituals to the family to the kid and entertaining your guests as a clinician you'd be proud of. We broke down way too fast, these reruns become our history. I've acknowledged but have yet to accept this fact. Part of me hallucinates us being back together again-I couldnt fight it. Deep inside me i feel like im withering. I plead with you to surrender. Living without you, my days have been and would be oh so forlorn. If you give me a chance to try again, pick me up from the desolates, throw your arms around me and protect me.
I guess the independant woman you once loved has given way to obsession. Im sorry. But if you ever return for a 2nd chance, i promise to be as translucent as you like it to be. Because i've come to the realisation that you are a family person and needs personal time for yourself and that colour box in the living room.

"I wish I can tell you that I'm feeling better everyday
that I didn't hurt when you walked away
but to tell you the truth I can't find my way
That deep inside me I feel like I'm dying"

I still feel you hugging me to bed. No one has ever given me this sense of security. I dont want just anyone to hold. I lie my night away thinking of the past we once shared-happy memories. Moments before i drift into dreamland, i recall those stay over nights. It seemed so near yet so far away. Emotional fatigue takes over and pretty soon, dawn breaks, drawing me closer to another day i might see you.
I wonder if you've taken our picture down, if you think of me despite an entire day of physical activities, if you ever teared for me, how different it'd be should you come back. I hope you tear at the sight of our picture because it sends a heartache, and that you thought of me, even for a few seconds before bed, and dream bout our ideal future that is to come once we sort things out.
I tell myself, our beautiful past and departure must be hard and painful on you too, cause even beasts would think bout the good o days. And that you still have positive feelings bout us and for me, for we didnt part cause either of us cheated. These are the only consolation i live with. Knowing that, my hope dangles on a string till the day someone else tugs at your heartstrings.
And the cycle repeats, waking up hoping for an SMS, wanting me back. I know that is but false hope. Yet i dont know how to be strong, so i'll just hang on. Come back home, stay with me. I know its not too late. Lets walk down this rocky path.

I can go on and on writing bout our past and my broken heart. But i shall stop because the pain is too intense. And i wonder even more when i recall what i've done for you, for us.

Before you or someone else pick up my heart shards, I shall learn to breathe on my own.

I do love y.o.u.

Blind-Life house.
I was young but I wasn't naive
I watched helpless
As you turn around to leave
And still I have the pain I have to carry
A past so deep
That even you could not bury if you tried

After all this time
I never thought we'd be here
Never thought we'd be here
When my love for you was blind
But I couldn't make you see it
Couldn't make you see it

That I loved you more
Then you will ever know
And part of me died
When I let you go

I would fall asleep
Only in hopes of dreaming
That everything
Would be like it was before
But nights like this
It seems are slowly fleeting
They disappear as reality is crashing to the floor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U guys lost to time.

Anonymous said...

sorry to read you're going through a rough time man. i wish i can do something to cheer yao up.

drunk in Iced Mocha Latter? my treat.

still. it's awesome how you take it positively all the time man. seriously, how do you do it man?

jr-t

Anonymous said...

my doug. i feel for you man.

didn't know you're going through an unbreakable rut man. still, the same old words. you never fail to look at the bright side and live life man. i would probably die to myself and the will to see life, if i would to be you man.

anywho. blind isn't the right song for you man.

check out this in my blog. this suits you more. friend.

Anonymous said...

i dont have anymore comments, kinda spilled it all to ya already - which isnt a biggy anyway :P

would totally fight for higher ranks in your 'waiting list' as mentioned if im going solo.

i've got marijuana if your perfume and toothmousse is finished.