Thursday, November 13, 2008

Work Thus Far

Hello Earthlings.

These 4months in the private sector has been amazing. I've learnt so much more on clinical diagnosis, and am still learning every other day, thanks to the doctors i work with.
I dont know if they look down on my profession and capabilities, but that's beside the point. At least they are very willing to help. Moreover i dont think they do; Cause life goes on the somewhat the same, with or without me in their daily course of work.

It's so different over here; i can take my sweet time to talk and work on the patient, instead of having to worry about meeting quotas. Appointment times are pre booked, and i no longer need to attend to groups of mischievous fans and 'urgent' extraction cases during certain school hours. The parents are always looking at me while i work, but i've learnt to see light from a different angle. I can forewarn them of any complications that may arise and they are physically here to witness how naughty/apprehensive their child really is on the dental chair. I don't think i can handle being in the school clinic anymore; i cannot bear to change my tone anymore. Plus i'm too pampered here; no paper work and no cleaning, hooray!
Of cause with these come greater responsibility of my actions; I dont have a 'statutory board to shield me' from law suits during the course of work, should they arise. At which is okay, cause they really didnt do as promised.

And just so you know, i did not leave because i couldnt manage what my precious job scope entails or because i did anything wrong. You should be ashamed if you have defamed me. Yes, you're right. I don't think i was in the wrong, at all.
I'll forgive the imagination and mouth of any woman, for out of it comes undeniably perfectly gossip worthy stories, pleasing to the ears of any listener.

Work being work, has its own set of responsibilities and duties, fatigue and aches. But on the overall, i'm happy where i am now. Thou i can no longer be on medical leave as and when idontfeellikeworking.
My only defeat is not having enough clinical knowledge on other treatment modalities and i dont think my use of composites is up to standard. But its alright, knowledge can be acquired and clinical skills can be learnt.

In every career is a challenge, and once one has overcomed, he reaches his comfort zone. I've stepped out.
Have you?

3 comments:

pearline L. said...

i didn't hear any bad things abt u leh. :)

u get much more pt satisfaction working in pte sec.

good night!

Anonymous said...

correct.

tongues wag. and hearsay are always blown out of proportion. take heart.

i didnt who i told. i said i screened 30 per day. and it was passed through batches, guess what i heard? i DTC 30 per day. LOL! WTD.


kel

Anonymous said...

thanks girls.