Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shrek 3

I must admit I've been missing out on Animations, what i previously termed Cartoons. Enlightened by Sexy J. A revelation that took a good 20years.

The Good
Good laughter entertainment if you've got a good syringe of intellect.

Shrek 3 offers fairy tale characters a differentiated personality. Ok maybe this should be placed under "The Bad" cause characters like Snow White and Rapunzel were portrayed in a negative light-demanding, unreasonable, impatient and manipulative characters, totally different from the virtuous, pure, sacrificial and long-suffering characters that kids(maybe only those from GenX, moi inclusive) know them to be in the original fairy tales.

The 1hr 33mins movie tickles my toes with funny lines like:

Artie: Help! I'm being kidnapped by a monster who's trying to relate to me!

Snow White: Rapunzel, Rapunzel. Let down your golden hair extensions.

Oh my gawd. Have i mentioned how disgustingly innocent and adorable he looked after being shut out?
Puss in Boots: Some people just don't understand boundaries.

A less irritating line at last..
Donkey: [sees Shrek naked] Aahh! You know, you really need to get yourself a pair of jammies!

This is somewhat like "You're pretty." "Pretty ugly"
Ship Captain: [menacingly] You're finished.
[Shrek, Puss in Boots, and Donkey turn and stare]
Ship Captain: [apologetically] Heh. With your journey!
[points to land]

Gingy pooping a pink candy!

And here's Pinocchio trying too hard.. A good try, none the less.
Prince Charming: You! You can't lie! Where is Shrek?
Pinocchio: Well, uh, I don't know where he's not.
Prince Charming: You don't know where Shrek is?
Pinocchio: On the contrary.
Prince Charming: So you do know where he is!
Pinocchio: I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that I undeniably...
Prince Charming: Stop It!
Pinocchio: Do or do not know where he shouldn't probably be. If that indeed wasn't where he isn't!

When Shrek dreamt how disaterous it'd be to have lil imps, it clearly portrays the heaven turn hell after having kids.

The Bad
When Arthur feigned extreme sadness to fool the old and pitiful magician, he succeeded in getting his way, and was not apologetic to have used emotional manipulation. Message sent to kids: all right to manipulate others for personal benefit.

Visual images of beheadings when Prince Charming starts cutting of heads of annimals and mannequins on stage although it purely is "Drama Production". As much as I love grrrruesome gory scenes(N knows best)Im an advocate against violence.

Recent knowledge of science and genetics not applied. Think: Princess Fiona an ogre, her father (King Harold) a frog, her long lost cousin (Artie) human being. The only logical deduction: Ogre Fiona is heterozygous, having both characteristics of frog and man.
And here's how Shrek Junior and Fiona Junior look ogre: Assuming Fiona having the allele combination Pp, Shrek PP, crossing results in PP, PP, Pp, Pp. This is the result of 2 years of pure Biology lessons.

The movie has a 'good triumph evil' ending. It however, will not leave wholesome impressions on kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

arrrrggh!!! spoiler! spoiler!!

i'm not reading! i'm not reading!

see no evil! see no evil!

D'xmage said...

You're hired. Join my Bondevia crew and write reviews for me! hahaha!

I'll pay you... When I have the money. After working for V.Hive. Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Cut and paste that entry. remember to give me a good cut when u're reech$ p.s. moi lurves weeplacing ! weef $.

jovelleruth